December 18, 2020
To say the least, this year has been challenging and it’s thrown some unexpected obstacles our way. However, in the face of that, our practice teams have displayed compassion and resilience while social distancing and transitioning to curbside service while continuing to provide outstanding care to both their patients and clients. We really couldn’t be more grateful for your dedication and hard work.
Throughout 2020, we’ve done our best to show our appreciation for our teams by finding new ways make life better at VetCor including through:
- Creating heartfelt videos throughout the year, including one thanking our veterinarians on World Veterinary Day and another to show appreciation to our team members for being there for their patients, communities, and each other.
- Making the mindfulness app, Headspace, available to all our full-time employees at no cost to help reduce stress and burnout while maintaining positivity.
- Launching our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) focus in July by bringing together team members from across the county to ensure our practices are welcoming environments and help raise awareness about the veterinary field to underrepresented groups.
- Connecting our technicians to resources, support, and, perhaps most importantly, each other to help them grow and succeed through the TechLife program that we launched in August.
- Providing information and resources to help our team members make their lives just a little healthier by focusing on topics such as employee appreciation, improved sleep, mental health support, self-care, resilience, and managing sending children back to school this year.
- Supporting our Chiefs of Staff while fostering mentorship, networking, and collaboration amongst all the veterinarians on our Vet Leadership team.
- Hosting virtual employee engagement events, including cat yoga, mindful doodling, gratitude crafting, and financial wellbeing workshops to bring people together and elevate their overall emotional and financial wellbeing.
- Holding various wellbeing challenges that focused on things like getting active, staying hydrated, eating nutritiously, making sleep a priority, getting your steps in, and a new challenge that asked employees to simply try something new.
- Sharing COVID-19 resources and collaborative ideas with private practices to help them navigate the switch from in-person appointments to curbside service.
As always, we’re thankful for the passion, resilience, and dedication displayed by our practice teams every day, but that’s especially true this year. Now, more than ever, we want to make life better here for everyone who’s part of the VetCor family and support them as we look forward to 2021.